Board of Directors Meeting
January 26, 2010

Present: Jim Cooper-President, Chris Brogan- Vice president, Ray McDermott-Director & Lesley Studholme, SCM.  Blaise Simone-Secretary & Alma McBride – Treasurer 

Guests- Wil Leister, Lynn Riley, Chris and Steve Saretsky & Gary Neff  

Jim Cooper called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. at the Health Center of Merritt Island.   

The minutes of the meeting of October  2009 were read by Blaise Simone.  Note to change “ moving” to “mowing” page 2, 4th paragraph.   Ray made the motion to accept the minutes as amended, Ray seconded and all were in favor. 

Alma McBride submitted the treasurers reports for September, October, November and December 2009 which gave an overview of the deposits and expenditures in the Wachovia and Fidelity reserve accounts.  For each report submitted individually, Blaise made the motion to accept the treasurers report, Ray seconded and all were in favor.

Lesley Studholme submitted the manager’s report which consists of the tracking of non compliance issues in Copperfield. Lesley explained with the frost and freeze, lawn conditions were limited.  The focus was primarily on other infractions as rust, mold, parking violations etc. 

ARC–       Chris Brogan reported on 2 ARA’s approved and completed .  These reports are attached to these minutes.
ARCC-    Tom Loshe submitted the report by The ARCC.  Chris reviewed that 9 were completed and 1 not completed. The ARCC report is attached and made a part of these minutes.  

Ray McDermott indicated that there was nothing related to the entrance to report.

Pepper Tree Follow up- Chris and Steve Saretsky continued with their concern over the erosion problem and the condition of the pickett fence on Heather Stone.   It was agreed that they will obtain a survey to see whose responsibility lies where.  Also, it was agreed that Chris Brogan will contact East Coast Fence to shore up the fence and speak with  Jennifer Cope from St. John’s River Management.  It was also agreed that the city should be called for a second time to secure the concrete once the fence situation has be resolved.  The Saretsky’s have indicated that they want to replace the fence but expressed their concern over the erosion compromising the integrity of the new fence.   The Saretsky’s will continue to keep the BOD informed.  The BOD will discuss sharing the cost of the survey.

Garage Sale- After Ray completed a survey, it is determined the annual garage sale will be March 13.  Cheryl Nealon agreed to once again submit an ad in the Florida Today.  Ray made the motion to spend up to $100.00 on the add, Blaise seconded and all were in favor.

Replacement of entrance sign lights and outlets- Ray submitted a proposal to replace four outlets with ground faults and spot lights.  Volunteers will do the work.  The outlets will be moved to the wall for easier access and stability.  Ray made the motion to spend up to $250.00 for supplies and materials for replacement of lights and outlets.  Blaise seconded and all were in favor.

Compilation & Taxes- It was agreed that Runyan and Taylor will be contacted to do the required yearly compilation and taxes.

Bobcat-(animal) – Chris Brogan indicated that the cat has been seen in the dry lake area several times and expressed concern over the safety of children and small pets.  Chris stated that animal services do not handle this kind of situation.  Jim indicated that there should be no concern but will contact a private trapper for more information.

Wil Leister submitted a list of updates for the web site.  Lesley Studholme will submit the list to the web master for changes.

Ray made the motion to adjourn at 8:20, Chris seconded and all were in favor.